Your business needs a vCIO now more than ever
Before #coivd-19 I always recommended that #businesses engage and utilize the services of a vCIO. For those unfamiliar with what a #vCIO (Virtual Chief Information Officer) does, here is a brief and simple bullet list of primary services usually provided by a highly competent vCIO like myself.
- Analyze your current IT infrastructure.
- Evaluate your internal IT department and/or your external IT Services provider to make certain that they have the proper training, procedures, and processes to properly serve your business for today and tomorrow.
- Assessing the various business applications that you are utilizing to make sure that you are getting all that you are paying for and that there are no other options that are less costly and more effective.
- Assisting with planning for future technology expenses and needs.
- Confirming that you have the proper cybersecurity defenses for your business and the appropriate security awareness training programs in place.
- Working with staff to make sure that the company technology that they have been provided with is allowing them to do their job without hindrance or barrier.
- Validation that your people, process, and product/service is properly served by the current technology.
Another great value to a vCIO is that he or she is an independent voice. In other words they and not afraid to make honest and unvarnished suggestions and conclusions as they are not in an employee/employer relationship. You are also utilizing the services of a highly competent #technology professional temporarily versus the cost of hiring an employee of this caliber.
The typical assignment length for a vCIO is 60 days however in some cases it can be longer or shorter. Given the new normal in life much less the workplace, now more than ever a quality vCIO will be crucial in properly setting up and supporting remote workers.
For more information on how a vCIO can benefit your business regardless of size, please contact me.